
How to use this and these?
We use this and these to identify things and to introduce people that are near to us."this" is used with singular and "these" is used with plural.
Examples :
- This is my friend James. (introduce people)
- These are my best friends.
- This is my pencil. (identify things)
- These are my pencils.
- This is my favorite movie.
- These peaches are very good.
- These apples I am eating are really good.
How to use that and those?
We use that and those to identify things which are not near us. That is used with singular and those is used with plurals.Examples :
- That was the best movie I have ever seen!
- How much are those chairs?
- That was the first time I had ever seen an Elephant.
- Those are our children.
- Those flowers are really beautiful.
Note:
"That" is often contracted with the singular form of the verb "be".- That is my dog. = That's my dog.
- That is her car. = That's her car.
0 comments:
Post a Comment