Sunday, October 30, 2016

The verb to have

Conjugation of the verb have

We use the verb to have to talk about ownership, ability, description...
Singular
Plural
I have
You have
He has
She has
It has
We have
You have
They have

Examples :

  • I have a dog.
  • I have time to go to the supermarket.
  • She has long hair.
  • He has a very nice house.
  • They have a problem.
  • My cat (it) has blue eyes.

Note:

The verb to have can be used as a substitute for the verbs eat and drink.
- He has cereal for breakfast = he eats cereal for breakfast.

The negative form of the verb have

To make "have" negative in the present tense, use don't or doesn't + have.
Singular
Plural
I don't have
You don't have
He doesn't have
She doesn't have
It doesn't have
We don't have
You don't have
They don't have

Examples :

  • She doesn't have a brother.
  • I'm sorry I don't have time.
  • My house doesn't have a garage.
  • She doesn't have blond hair.
  • He doesn't have a car.
  • My dog doesn't have enough food.
  • I don't have enough money to buy a new computer.

Make questions with the verb have

To make questions with have we use do or does before the subject of the sentence and then "have".

Examples :

  • Do you have any money?
  • Does she has my phone number?
  • Do you have your keys and your wallet?
  • When do you have time?
  • What do you have in your bag?
  • Do you have any brothers and sisters?

0 comments:

Post a Comment